01 July 2012

A Machine that Does Your Laundry


Wow, a laundry machine, who would have thunk it?  I believe I have said that after hand washing my clothes for over a year I will never complain about doing the laundry again back home in the States.  Yesterday confirmed that.

A couple of weeks ago one of our Peace Corps Togo organizations Gender and Development (GAD) had an auction to raise money to support gender related projects and one of our medical staff donated five loads of laundry in her laundry machine, and I won.  I redeemed by first load yesterday morning. It was awesome.

I stuck my clothes into the machine, added a little soap, and pushed a button.  A couple hours later I moved my clothes to the dryer and BAM! my clothes were clean.  No blistered fingers, cracked skin, or aching back necessary.  I lounged around read my book and napped.

And can I talk further about that amazing out of the dryer feel?  That warmth that is so dry it is cozy? I was sweating as I folded my clothes, but I wanted to wrap myself in my freshly laundered clothes and I don’t know, just cuddle with them.  It was great.  If I had the plumbing hook up I might have gone right then and there and bought myself a laundry machine and dryer.

Heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment